This vegetarian dish really doesn’t taste vegetarian, you really don’t miss the meat while eating this.
20-30 cherry tomatoes – cut in half
4 TBS extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 tspn dried oregano
6-7 garlic cloves, crushed up to make a paste
2 TBSP vegan parmesan, optional
1 tspn salt
1/2-1 pound pasta
1 bunch kale, mustard greens, swiss chard, etc, chopped into 1/2″ pieces
2 chopped garlic cloves,
Preheat oven to 250.
- Scoop the seeds out of the tomatoes with a small spoon
- Combine 2 TBS olive oil with oregano & garlic.
- Add in the vegan parmesan.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper & put tomato halves onto the sheet.
- Drizzle them filling them evenly. Depending on how big your tomatoes are you need to make more filling.
- Sprinkle a dash of salt on each tomato.
- Bake tomatoes until they begin to shrink & slightly blacken on the bottom, around 30 minutes.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions while tomatoes are cooking.
- Heat 2 TBSP olive oil on medium-high heat in a saute pan.
- Add the greens & chopped garlic, saute stirring frequently 5-10 minutes, until wilted.
- Drain pasta, combine with tomatoes & greens.
- Toss with more parmesan and serve.