- 1 1/2 C butter (divided)
- 1 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 1/2 C Water
- 1/2 C Milk (room temperature)
- 2 1/4 C Flour (self rising)
- 3 cups frozen or fresh fruit
- 3 TBS sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- In baking dish melt 1/2 C butter & set it aside.
- In saucepan heat water & sugar until the sugar is melted then set it aside.
- Put flour in a mixing bowl then cut in remaining butter. Mix w/a fork until it’s fine crumbs. Add milk & mix w/milk until the dough leaves the sides of the bowl.
- Put dough on a floured surface and knead 3 or 4 times.
- Roll dough into a 11 x 9 rectangular sheet and about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread the fruit over the dough and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Roll the dough & jelly up jellyroll style then cut it in 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Place the slices in baking dish over the melted butter.
- Pour the sugar syrup around the slices.
- Bake @ 350 for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven then sprinkle the remaining sugar over the slices and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Free Baby Items
The Honest Company is a company that Jessica Alba started with all of the products being safe, natural, and effective. They use no harsh chemicals which means less chance of baby having a reaction to the diapers or wipes. They offer a wide arrange of diapers, wipes, formula, bottles, bath items, vitamins, and more. They are currently offering a free trial of some of their products. You can choose from 3 different options. 1 is diapers & wipes which includes 7 diapers and 10 wipes, an essentials bundle which includes shampoo + body wash,face + body lotion, multi-surface cleaner, healing balm, and hand soap, and the last bundle is a health & wellness bundle which includes prenatal and DHA/Omega-3 OR Baby & Toddler Multi Powder and Kid’s Chewable Multi-Vitamins. All you have to do is pay $5.95 for shipping and handling. This will enroll you in their monthly service which you can cancel at any time.
Today’s craft is a pretty pinwheel made out of scrapbooking paper. They are both quick and easy to make. I found this gem of a craft on http://www.dreamgreendiy.com/2013/06/05/a-diy-paper-pinwheel-tutorial/. Now on to the fun! Here’s how to make the pinwheels:.
This just involves cutting your scrapbooking paper in half and then folding all 4 pieces accordion style.
Once you have all 4 pieces folded staple or glue them together.
You then will take the small rod and add it by squeezing out a big line of glue from your glue gun and down the middle section of the folds.
Flip the pinwheel over & put a small amount of glue in the middle of the pinwheel then place your button on the glue. Be sure to press down so it will hold.
Hang up with a clear thumb tack or use a whole punch and use twine, yarn, or ribbon to hang.
*If you like my blog please follow it so you can get recipes delivered right to your email. Thank you have a blessed day*