Welcome to Friday – it’s Bread/Fish/Seafood Recipe Day here at The Central Illinoisan. I wasn’t feeling any love for Fish or Seafood this week so I went with 2 bread recipes. One is sweet and one that everyone will love and the other one is a no knead one. Both of them are made with very few ingredients and are very quick to throw together.
- 2 cans refrigerated biscuits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease or spray tube pan
- Mix granulated sugar & cinnamon in bowl
- Separate biscuits and cut into quarters
- Shake quarters in bag to cover in sugar mix & place in pan. If have any extra sugar mixture sprinkle over biscuits.
- In saucepan, melt butter & brown sugar to boiling over medium heat and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour over biscuits.
- Bake 30 – 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Turn upside down & put on plate, pull apart to serve.
This is a family favorite on Christmas morning! Usually while someone is passing out the presents one of us is in the kitchen throwing this together real quick and getting it in the oven and by the time we are done opening presents, this is done baking and ready for us to dig into it. The caramelized brown sugar & cinnamon is nice and sweet and pairs nicely with a hot cup of coffee or hot chocolate on a cold morning or a glass of ice cold milk in the summer.
NO KNEAD CRUSTY BREAD
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, yeast & salt
- Add water & mix until it’s a shaggy and sticky mixture
- Cover with plastic wrap & set aside for 12 – 18 hours (Overnight is good)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees
- When the oven has reached 450 degrees place a cast iron pot or other heat resistant pot with a lid in the oven & heat the pot for 30 minutes
- Place dough on a heavily floured surface & shape into a ball
- Cover with plastic wrap & let set while the pot is heating
- Remove hot pot from the oven & drop in the dough
- Cover & return to oven for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes remove the lid & bake for an additional 15 minutes
- Remove bread from oven & place on a cooling rack to cool
- **Can also put use parchment paper in the pot to make sure the bread doesn’t stick to the pot**
This no knead crusty bread is nice and crunchy on the inside and soft,chewy, and airy on the inside. Any bread lover is going to love this bread because tastes just like bread baked in an Artisan bakery.
*If you like my blog please follow it so you can get recipes delivered right to your email. Thank you have a blessed day*